Tina's Twitter

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

KFC NEW FIERY GRILLED WINGS

KFC: 50% Bigger?

DSC05098

Fiery Grilled Wings.Fifty percent bigger chicken wings marinated in peppers and grilled. These wings are unique to the market because each one is injected with the marinade unlike most other restaurants which only offer new flavor through sauce extensions. These wings are bigger than normal wings as I call them a white drumstick. The wings had a nice kick to them. I love my wings on fire and while these were not burning my mouth it did have a nice taste and they were finger-licking good. The flavor had the original seasoning with peppers added to it. I like the idea that KFC is now offering and making it easier for customers to pursue balanced diets without sacrificing taste. This item is being launched nationwide next week 12/28/09 so I was honored to be one of the first to taste it.
fireywings


50% bigger wing on the left and the normal size wing on the right.
DSC05096
Here is a better perspective showing the bone. The new bigger wing is on the left and the normal size wing on the right.
DSC05104



I was invited to KFC’s exclusive dinner and tasting by my dear friend Abby @pleasurepalate. It’s been awhile since I have had KFC so what the heck, why not? Let’s see what the Colonel been up to these days. Walking in I noticed a change of atmosphere as there was a wall of bucket art as I like to call it.
DSC05046


DSC05057
DSC05061
DSC05059

There were also bucket seats and the light fixtures are made like, yes you guessed it, buckets.
DSC05053
DSC05048
DSC05051

The tables were covered in red table cloths along with cloth napkins, nice china throw away plates and faux silverware.
DSC05055
A table was set up with chicken fingers, wings and popcorn chicken was waiting for us to munch on.
DSC05062
DSC05063
DSC05064
I guess I haven’t been to KFC in awhile because I’m accustomed to the menu only offering original or crispy. We were greeted by Christopher Payne and Ed Thomas and I was excited to hear about his exclusive new item and being one of the first to taste it. We were given a tour of the kitchen. It was exciting to be able to see how it all comes together and to know that everything is made on-site. No frozen, pre-breaded chicken anywhere to be seen. Not only was the tour informative but we were able to bread our own chicken. I didn’t realize there was a science to breading chicken but there is. First you wash the chicken then you shake it seven times. Next, the chicken is breaded in a rolling motion seven times before frying.
DSC05071
DSC05087
Rinse the chicken.
DSC05072
Bread the chicken.
DSC05076
DSC05074
DSC05077
DSC05078
DSC05067

Location
KFC
Hacienda Heights

No comments: